Sunday, December 6, 2009

Apologies for not updating this sooner...

I guess I could have updated this so much sooner, but I just found other things to do and was just being lazy I guess. Well, that's all about to change...Tim is being deployed to Afghanistan. We haven't told anybody in the family yet, but no one reads this so it's pretty safe to say on here. I'm not sure if Tim will tell his parents today or wait until after the holidays. This is a pretty serious assignment. He is going to be the guy who is in charge of getting together the training of the guys training the Afghan soldiers to run their country. He is going to be frocked as a LtCol. He actually will be getting paid to be a LtCol in February or March, but he will most likely have to leave before he is getting paid for it, but the new assignment requires a LtCol. It's only supposed to be for 6 months, but that may change. I know that it's part of his job and I have always accepted that, but I worry about Aaron. He has already told me he is going to miss his dad a lot. I ask for prayers for us all, but especially Tim and Aaron.

I will try to be more diligent about updating this blog, especially since there are some very important milestones that I have neglected to share with my couple of readers! Like Aaron getting his first quarter report card of 4 A's and 2 B's. The 2 B's were 90 and above, but this school goes by a 6 1/2 point grading system, which of course I hate, but it's not my choice. Anyway, Aaron is doing outstanding in school. He also got 2nd place in a photography contest at school. He did an awesome job!! Tim and I are very proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment