Sunday, September 27, 2009

For Aaron, it's complicated...


Well, school for Aaron is going OK. He is still having trouble with his locker, but truthfully, those lockers are too damn small. They are under a foot wide and I would dare to say that it probably only 6 maybe 7 inches wide. I guess other students are doing fine with their lockers, but for Aaron it's complicated! Maybe his physical limitations have something to do with it, but the teachers just know to bring out a key for the lockers everytime Aaron goes to his locker. He can get it open, but he has trouble with the straps of his backpack getting caught in the door of the locker.

He has regular classes, that include Civics/Economics, Science, Art, PE/Health, Math and English. We do have this wonderful technology here, called edline, which allows us to see grades on a weekly basis of our students. I love and hate edline. It's nice to be able to see Aaron's grades, but I tend to constantly worry about them. So far he has all A's and a D in math. Now, let me say that I don't think that a D is good at all, but the grading system here is harder than in Maryland. In Maryland, it was a 10 point grading system and here it is a 6.5 point grading system. So he has an overall average of 76.1 in math. It's not the best and I know he can do better, but I don't think a 76.1 should be a D. It's a C in my book. I don't want him to go from an A/B student to a C/D student, but that might just happen here, unfortunately.

I have been in contact with his math teacher already, but I haven't heard back from her yet. I really don't know what I would say to her, but he is just making careless mistakes and not taking his time. Getting a D is terrible but, I can't understand why he would have all A's in his other classes. It just boggles my mind!

On to other things like our garden. Yes, it has produced so many cucumbers that we have had to start giving them away. Some of them are just huge. I will post some pictures. Our garden has also produced one zucchini! I will also post a picture of that. It's quite exciting to us!


Our Zucchini

I can't seem to get my pictures to work correctly, so I only posted one for now.

Tim's job at NATO is just slowly moving along, he is kinda bored, but it's a nice change of pace for Aaron and I. I am still working at First Command, despite the sucky pay. I need to have the courage to tell my boss that it's not an acceptable rate. I will give it awhile though.



No comments:

Post a Comment