Friday, August 14, 2009

TGIF!!

Today is Friday...Yay!!! I don't know why am happy it's Friday, but I am so TGIF!

Yesterday, Aaron had his physical for school. Everything was fine. She (the doctor) said that Aaron needed 4 new shots. Yikes! I don't think so. All 6th graders in Virginia have to be immunized for TDaP before the school will allow them to start. Something about a mutated strain and babies getting sick...OK, he can get that shot. He also got the shot that fights against Meningitis which is recommended for all kids ages 11 to 18. I don't know if he has to get a booster of it every way, I forgot to ask, but anyway, I think that is a good one to have too. The others, Hep A and Varicella booster I declined for now. I told the doctor that I was sure that he had the Hep A and the booster to Hep A, but she said it wasn't on his record. When we got home, I looked in his medical records that I have at home and yes, he did have the Hep A and the booster, 6 months later. In fact, we had it together. He is still supposed to get the Varicella booster, but that can wait a while. I'm certainly glad that is over. I know that shots are for the benefit of kids and to prevent getting whatever disease, but knowing what is in some of these vaccinations it almost seems like they are better off without them. Please don't misunderstand me. I am for children getting immunized, but only 1 maybe 2 at a time, not 4 or 6.

After the doctor's appt., we went home and I gave Aaron some Tylenol for Jr's. Later, he said his arms were really sore. I bet so!



No comments:

Post a Comment