Saturday, August 15, 2009

Well, it's been a week of blogging and I must say it's been really good for me. Almost therapeutic, although I guess some may not want to know all about our lives. It is kinda trivial, but family and true friends will read and comment as they wish. Not much to report today. It's a lazy day I guess, but we'll get to go to mass tonight and see our friends, Kris, Kevin and Jonathan.

I haven't really gotten to tell you about my friend Kris. Kris and I became friends back when our husbands were stationed at Ft. Bliss, Texas. We didn't really get to know each other very well, but we had the camaraderie of the army wives and all that command stuff. Well, in November of 2001 we, Tim, Aaron and I moved to Augusta, GA. Little did I know that when I went to that first army officer wives meeting and we were signing up for various activities that I would notice the name Kris M. (to protect her privacy) on the list. I said to a lady near me, "I knew a Kris M back at Ft. Bliss.". So, I yelled out the name and everyone stared at me, but I found Kris!! We couldn't believe that we knew someone else there. Now I would have to say we have become pretty good friends. We even became co-chairs of the membership committee together. When Tim was deployed to Iraq, she invited Aaron and I over for Thanksgiving dinner. She is super sweet and would do anything for you. She is a former school teacher, but still a teacher to her boys. Now, fast forward to today and Tim's second day of work at NATO and he calls me and ask if the M's were stationed in Hawaii. I told him yes and he said well, their coming here. I was so excited on the phone that I immediately went to email Kris and see if in fact they were coming here. She called me back only moments later and said, "Yes, were moving there and we'll be there next Saturday morning!" She and I talked on the phone for a hour and we were both so excited!! Her boys are close to Aaron's age and he LOVES playing with them. Truthfully, if I would have known that they were moving to Great Bridge we would have moved there too. We are only 3.8 miles apart though, so that's terrific. I think I could go on and on about her, but if your an army spouse or any kind of military spouse, you know how important your military friends are! It's awesome going somewhere and you already know someone, not to mention our husbands will be working in the same building. It's wonderful and I'm so excited that we are stationed here together once again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment